Growing electromobility market creates new opportunities but also challenges. More and more people are choosing eco-friendly electric vehicles and looking for places to recharge them. In this situation, the installation of the EV-charging station – SMARTPOLE CHARGER, which combines the function of charging vehicles and street lighting, will be a great help.
According to the EU directive, from March 10, 2020 new and renovated residential buildings and office buildings with more than ten parking spaces must be equipped with wiring enabling the installation of EV-charging stations. The answer to this demand is SMARTPOLE CHARGER, i.e. a charging station (2x8kW, Type 2 sockets) for e-vehicles and a charging point for e-bikes and electric scooters. EV-charger was built into a lighting pole made of polyester-glass composites. This solution perfectly combines the possibility of charging electric vehicles with the function of street lighting. What is more the station can be produced in different colours or with custom pattern, logos or restaurant or hotel name. For architects and designers, this gives broad possibilities of adapting the appearance of chargers to the surroundings in which they will be installed. In addition to its functionality, SMARTPOLE CHARGER is an aesthetic element of the small infrastructure of the designed facilities.
Eco-friendly electric vehicles are becoming more and more popular. It is not difficult to imagine the situation when your client – businessman, at the airport, chooses an EV vehicle, after the day is over, he wants to go to a hotel where he will be able to recharge his vehicle overnight, and go to work again in the morning. No stops, breaks and no need to charge at the station or in the city. Simple? Yes. If you have SMARTPOLE CHARGER, i.e. an electric car charger located in the lighting pole.
Such an investment is an eligible cost within the subsidies, which can cover a significant part of the costs, thus leading to large savings. This way you can get a charging station for e-vehicles and a charging point for e-bikes and electric scooters for much lower price! And you get the lighting pole with a dedicated pattern and illumination from inside for free!
In addition, the simplicity of this solution ensures comfort and no costs on your part, because the SMARTPOLE CHARGER is located in the lighting pole, which will replace the current light point in the parking lot – without the need for additional power allocation or permissions. An interesting option is also an internal illumination – the upper luminaire can be turned off and also custom pattern. It helps to make the surrounding interesting, as well saves the energy.
- a great way to attract new customers
- driving up the quality standard and improving the image of the facility
- eco-friendly investment
- combines charging and street lighting
- full safety – composite does not conduct electricity
- resistance to external factors and vandalism – the charger mounted inside the pole
- use of lighting poles as an optimal location for charging station users (parking lots, parking bays)
- possibility of installing additional devices inside the pole, e.g. motion detectors, WiFi router
- additional power allocation is not needed
- low assembly cost in comparison with other offered on the market
- space-saving – charging and street lighting in one device.
- EV-charger – 2×8 kW Type 2 socket
- e-bike-charger – 1 x 230V, 6A
- safe Schuko socket with time button
- phase protection for car points – RCBO 1P + N 6kA B 40A / 30mA Type A
- user authorization via RFID card or mobile application.
Such investment is an eligible cost within the available subsidies, which reach up to 85% – this is an amazing saving in investment costs.
These are the facts, you can get a charging station for e-vehicles, as well as a charging point for bicycles and electric scooters for just about 500EUR! And lighting pole with a dedicated pattern and backlight is absolutely free!
Alumast S.A. is a leading designer and producer of innovative composite solutions. For over 20 years, we care about constant technological development and quality improvement, as well as constant search for new applications for polyester composite.
Get to know us better, more on our website: https://www.alumast.eu/en/