Druids Glen approached Softworks to provide them with a system to handle their employees’ Time & Attendance and Rostering. Their key requirements were as follows;
• Automation – They required an automated system to easily manage employee time, attendance and workforce rostering.
• Accuracy – They wanted to ensure accurate collection of hours worked by employees for payroll and legislative compliance.
• Attendance – They wanted a system to manage planned and unplanned absences and holidays.
• Integration – They needed a system that could easily integrate with their other systems.
Finding the right solution to satisfy business and operational needs
Druids Glen wanted a system that would provide them with an accurate collection of hours worked by employees for generating payroll, operational planning and legislative compliance. With variable start and finish times of shifts, they needed an automated system to accurately track hours. Furthermore, they needed to be able to easily create work rosters for full time, part-time and seasonal employees while adhering to company policies and procedures.
- They required a system that would enable them to have the right person, in the right place, at the right time and at the right cost. The full wish list was as follows:
- Automated time and attendance system linking to payroll that could track employee total hours and costs.
- Holidays and other leave tracking including; maternity, paternity, parental and sick leave.
- Time tracking to ensure compliance with legislation such as the European Working Time Directive and The National Employment Rights Authority (NERA).
- Department and cost centre tracking.
- Ability to allocate resources where and when they are needed within the resort via automated tools.
- Elimination of possible errors associated with manual adjustments linked with paper based rosters.
- Capacity to create rosters for part time and seasonal staff and manage their rosters with pre-populated budget and costs.
- Creation of flexible schedules, ability to pre plan shifts and manage planned and unplanned absences.
- Enable their supervisors and managers to view, at a glance, current and future schedules.
- Show new starters, leavers and any planned absences that may affect that selection.
- Standardisation of policies and rules.
Softworks along with other workforce management system providers were invited to demonstrate their solutions. Softworks was selected as the system satisfied the resort’s key requirements and criteria. Druids Glen were also impressed with Softworks experience and proven track record.
According to Andrew Prior, Finance Director at Druids Glen;
“ We were very pleased with Softworks suggested solution. We felt they listened to our requirements and worked with us to suggest a solution that would best fit our needs. Because of the nature of our business with various departments, rosters and seasonal demand we had very specific requirements. “
Andrew was also impressed with Softworks track record and extensive client list.
“ We were very confident about Softworks experience working with businesses that have comparable requirements to ours. We particularly liked the ease of transferring workforce data to payroll and the management of planned and unplanned absences. “
Druids Glen chose the following modules from the Softworks Suite;
The benefits of Softworks modular approach is that Druids Glen had the ability to choose only the modules that they required at the time, yet they still have the ability to choose other modules at a later stage if required. Currently there are 275 employees
on the system along with 20 supervisors/ department managers.
By automating the management of time, attendance and rostering, Druids Glen were able to ensure accurate collection of hours worked by employees for payroll, eliminate paper based schedules and excel spreadsheets and time consuming administrative costs. According to Andrew Prior;
“ At Druids Glen our attention to detail and outstanding level of service brings guests back time and time again. While at the same time, as a commercial business, we need full visibility of all our costs. Softworks has given us the tools and operating parameters, we need to arrange optimum resource plans and schedules, while delivering management controls over wages, labour overhead, overtime, shifts, absence management and other major costs drivers in a business like ours. “
With service levels an absolute top priority for this five star resort, they needed to ensure that their managers had as much time as possible to spend with their customers rather than on manual administrative tasks. Andrew had this to say;
“ We wanted to improve the accuracy of data and reporting and reduce manual processes and administrative tasks so that our managers could do what they do best – ensure our guests get the highest levels of service and enjoy every minute of their time with us. Softworks has assisted us to achieve this goal. “
With Softworks, managers can be confident that less time will be spent preparing weekly shifts and rosters, calculating payroll and tracking planned and unplanned absences and holiday requests.
Druids Glen are very pleased with the results to date and have seen the following improvements to their business processes, which have reduced administration and paperwork and given them more time to concentrate on their guests.
- Payroll is now 100% accurate with employee’s time and attendance now fully automated.
- Previous paper based systems are now redundant and holidays, absences and rostering are fully automated.
- Employees fully adhere to company policies regarding attendance, absence, scheduled breaks, etc.
Finally Andrew had this to say about Druids Glen relationship to date with Softworks;
“ We are very happy with Softworks. We like the product and we have a very good relationship with the team. The system has enabled us to spend more time on our core business objectives and less time on manual and administrative tasks. “
Softworks helps companies streamline processes, increase productivity and reduce costs through improved management, scheduling and utilisation of labour resources. Softworks offer reliable, proven easy to use, intuitive solutions for Time & Attendance, Labour Scheduling/eRostering and Absence Management allowing both private and public organisations to better ensure compliance, reduce errors, eliminate redundancies and improve reporting – while promoting a safe, positive working environment for all employees.
For further information about Softworks hospitality solutions :
eMail us : firstname.lastname@example.org or Visit us : softworks.com
Case Study in full: http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/58253/Druids_Glen_Case_Study_Softworks.pdf